MORRISSEY ANNOUNCES NEW SINGLE ‘WEDDING BELL BLUES’
Morrissey has announced another single is to come from his anticipated first-ever covers album ‘California Son’.
‘Wedding Bell Blues’ is a frustrated love song about waiting for a proposal from a lover called Bill. Very fitting then that Morrissey’s rendition features additional vocals from Greenday frontman Billie Joe Armstong.
The song was originally written and performed by Laura Nyro in 1966 and made famous by R&B group 5th Dimension in 1969.
‘Wedding Bell Blues’ received a premiere this morning on Ken Bruce’s BBC Radio 2 show.
It will be released physically on the 10th May as a 7” yellow vinyl single with a brand new original Morrissey track as the B-side.
‘Brow of my Beloved’ was recorded in Rome and is produced by Joe Chiccarelli who also produced the whole of ‘California Son’.
The artwork for the single features Fabian Forte in a shot from 1964 film ‘Ride The Wild Surf’.
‘Wedding Bell Blues’ comes from new album ‘California Son’ which will be released on 24th May. It will be released via Morrissey’s label Etienne; an imprint of BMG, the track list consists of a diverse variety of tracks from the ‘60’s and ‘70’s hand picked by Morrissey himself. ‘California Son’ has been produced by Joe Chiccarelli and is formed of 12 brand new cover tracks.
Pre-order ‘California Son’ here: https://morrissey.lnk.to/sonPR
1. Morning Starship (Jobriath)
2. Don’t Interrupt The Sorrow (Joni Mitchell)
3. Only a Pawn In Their Game (Bob Dylan)
4. Suffer the Little Children (Buffy St Marie)
5. Days of Decision (Phil Ochs)
6. It’s Over (Roy Orbison)
7. Wedding Bell Blues (Laura Nyro)
8. Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets (Dionne Warwick)
9. Lady Willpower (Gary Puckett & The Union Gap)
10. When You Close Your Eyes (Carly Simon)
11. Lenny’s Tune (Tim Hardin)
12. Some Say I Got Devil (Melanie)
For media enquires:
SARAH VALENTINE – 07825 439010